Omnidollhttp://www.effigipie.comEffigipie's Editor Omnidoll:
Omnidoll took her name from the observation that her collection had no one dominant category--a little bit of everything. Omnivorous taste in effigies/dolls. Hence, "omnidoll."
Her work addresses how people can speak past obstacles in multiple ways, such as through Popular Culture, Literature, Folklore, Material Culture, and Film.
For example, yes, your parent(s) had been trying to tell you something by giving you that White Elephant from Aunt/Uncle Martha or Cousin It.
She has spent her career seeking answers to the question:
--How do people communicate what matters most to them when obstacles block their expression?
This question has prompted Omnidoll to research and tell people about the inner workings of Rhetoric (the study of the means of persuasion).
Her study of Rhetoric has, in turn, led her to discover:
- How to write a serious novel while making people laugh;
- How old your grandmother's doll is, how it was made, why it was made like that;
- How to repair your grandmother's doll;
- How a doll can tell you things you didn't know about your family;
- How folklore makes *your* life memorable, vivid, and part of the greater weave of history;
- How mechanical dolls in the Renaissance anticipated the avatars of 21st century online gaming;
- How a "charming little story" enables you to tell people things they do not want to hear--and how they will thank you for it.
Omnidoll is a published researcher and skilled speaker in the fields of Humor, Doll and Toy Studies, Popular Culture, American and Irish literature, Film, Folklore, Material Culture studies, and Rhetoric.
She holds a Ph.D. in Rhetoric from the University of California at Berkeley, a Master of Fine Arts (in Fiction and Publishing) from Emerson College, Boston, MA, with additional certification from institutions such as: The Pacific Film Archive, Brown University, and the Bennington Summer Writing Workshop.
She has made custom dolls for a Nobel Prize winner and cartoonist Bud Grace, along with other fun people.
Enjoy your time on the Internet today.